In this section we describe how to Process a STP file via a Mobile Device.
Before starting, please ensure 2 Factor Authentication is turned on. Go to Settings > Two Factor Authentication. This is a security requirement of the ATO for submitting STP files.
You will need to download an app such as google authenticator on iphone or android or a web based chrome extension such as this. Then return to Easy Payslip, and go to Settings > Two Factor Authentication.
STP files are generated via the Process Payroll function as shown below:
1) Click on the Process Payroll icon
2) Enter the Payroll Start & End Dates, Payment Date & Type and select the Employees for the Payroll then click the [Process Payroll] button at the bottom of the screen
3) This will take you to the First Employee's Payslip data entry screen
When you have entered the Payslip details for the first employee (Goldie the Fish) then hit the [Process Payroll] button
4) This will bring up a Payslip for you to review
If you are happy with the values displayed, hit the [Send] button at the bottom of the screen.
If you need to make a change, then hit the 'Discard' word in the top right of the screen to take you back to the payslip details input screen as per step 3 above.
5) This will bring up the Next Employee's Payslip data entry screen
When you have entered the Payslip details for the next employee (Kitty the Cat) then hit the [Process Payroll] button.
You will also notice that the employees are listed at the top of the screen to enable to you track which employees you have created a payslip for and those yet to be processed.
6) This will bring up a Payslip for you to review
As noted in step 4 above, if you are happy with the values displayed, hit the [Send] button at the bottom of the screen. If you need to make any changes, hit the 'Discard' word in the top left and reprocess as per step 5 above.
7) Sending the payslips as STP files
Once you have finished the final payslip for your employees, you will now be automatically taken to the [Single Touch Payroll] screen.
Tap each STP file under the [To be lodged] section.
8) A summary of the data from the payslips just created is displayed. This is the data that will be lodged in the STP File.
Click [Process Single Touch Payroll]
9) The STP Declaration Screen is displayed
Note the name that the person name in the declaration is the same as entered in your employer profile details for your business.
Enter your name in the signature field, exactly as it appears above in the declaration.
This will turn the button active, indicate by the orange colour.
Click the to submit your STP file:
Declaration Troubleshooting: Your name must be entered exactly as it appears above in the declaration, otherwise the Lodge button will not become active.
Once the STP file has been successfully submitted, a confirm message will display:
The status of the file can then be viewed via the Single Touch Payroll menu item.
10) The file details will then be shown in the [Completed] tab under the [Pending] section until the ATO has acknowledged the STP has been successfully received and accepted. It will then be moved to from the [Pending] section to the [Completed] section
Please note that it may take a number of days for the ATO to respond.