In this section we outline the steps involved in processing Annual Leave (Holiday Pay) amounts.
What do I need to do first?
If you have a staff member that is entitled to Annual Leave (also referred to as Holiday Pay) you will firstly need to set this up in their Employee Record.
To do this, please refer to the Help guide 'How to Edit Employee Entitlement Details'.
This guide also shows you how to select Annual Leave Loading (if applicable) to any Annual Leave payments you make. By selecting this option, the system will automatically calculate Annual Leave Loading on any Annual Leave payments.
What do I do next?
Now that your employee has been set up for Annual Leave, you need to include this when using the 'Process' Payroll function.
Items to note when including Annual Leave in a Payslip:
- You include the 'Hours' of Leave taken in the Entitlement Section
- Reduce their 'Base Hours' to account for any Leave Taken
For example, if your employee works a standard 38 hour week and they had 3 days Annual Leave in that week, then their base hours = 15.2 Hours (2 days) and Annual Leave hours would be 22.8 (3 days).
This is shown below:
1) Enter the Base Hours
2) Then scroll down to the 'Entitlements' section, and enter the Annual leave hours
3) When you have entered all of the required information for your employees payslip, you need to hit the [Preview Payslip] button at the bottom of the screen and the Payslip will be generated for you to review.
4) The Payslip will then show the Annual Leave (and Annual Leave Loading) payment amounts as follows:
Note that the Base Hours in the above payslip is 76 hours as outlined above.
5) If you are happy with the values, you click the [Save & Send Payslip] option in the bottom right of the pop up window to finalize the processing of the payslip.