1) When you first create your account you will be directed to the 'Your Business' screen as show below, where you need to click the 'ABN' option
2) You then need to enter your ABN
When you have entered your ABN, the system will automatically check it against the Australian Business Register and retrieve the Entity Type and Entity Name details from the register and display as shown below:
3) If you have a 'Trading Name' you want to appear in your employees payslips, then enter that in the 'Trading Name' section, then hit the [Save] button
The Trading Name will then be displayed below the Entity Name in the screen below.
Note: If you do not have a trading name, leave this field blank.
4) Your ABN details (and Trading Name if entered) will then be shown as per below, where you need to hit the [Next] button
5) You then enter the following details and then hit the [Next] button
- Employer Details
- Business Address
6) You then enter the Authorised Person details and hit the [Finish Up!] button
This is the person who will run payroll/STP, and can be the same as the business owner contact. When submitting the STP file, you will need to enter the name exactly as it is entered here
7) Your business details will then be available in the 'Settings' screen under 'Profile'
Your business is now setup in Easy Payslip. The next step is to add your employees.