This is an ATO security requirement for Single Touch Payroll (STP). This needs to be setup before you are able to send STP files to the ATO.
Once you are in your account, you will need to setup two factor authentication. Two factor authentication is an ATO requirement for Single Touch Payroll.
You will either need to download an app such as the Google authenticatior on iPhone, android or a web based chrome extension such as this . You can also use the [Get code] option to have a code sent to your email address or mobile phone number registered within your Easy Payslip account.
You only need to set it up on one device (such as your smart phone) & then use the code generated when accessing your Easy Payslip account from any device.
To set up your two-factor authentication for your Easy Payslip account via the authenticator app, please follow the instructions below.
1) You need to be logged into your account via the website and the follow the steps below
2) Get an Authentication App on your mobile device. To do this click on the App Store Icon (Apple Devices) or the Play Store Icon (Android Devices) in your mobile device
3) Click on 'Apps' and touch the search field as indicated below
4) In the Search field, type in the authentication app you have decided to use and hit the search button
In this example we are using 'Google Authenticator'
5) You will then see the App is available to download and use, which requires you to click on the 'Install' word
Note: You need to ensure that you are installing the correct Authentication App, which is not always the first App displayed, as the first App may be an advertisement instead of the one you were searching for.
6) Your device will then download the Authentication App
The progress of the download will be displayed on your screen. You need to wait until it has fully downloaded in order to be able to use it.
7) When the App has fully downloaded, you then need to click the 'Open' wording to Open the App in your device
8) You will then need to click the 'Begin' word to start the Authentication App
9) Click on 'Skip' when the Google Authenticator first opens
10) You will then arrive at the 'Add an account' screen. You need to click on the 'Enter a provided key' option
11) Depending on your mobile device settings, you will need to enable the Authentication App to use the devices camera
11) You now need to go to the Settings screen in your account on the Easy Payslip Website
and then click on 'Two-Factor Authentication'
12) You then need to move the 'Enable Two-Factor Authentication' toggle to the right
13) Then click 'Enter code' next to 'Authentication App' & this will bring up the following screen. You will need to scan the code highlighted below with the Authenticator App on your mobile device
15) You then need to go back to the Authentication App and hold the App in front of your computer screen over the Code above
16) The Authenticator App will then give you a 6 digit code that you need to enter back into the Easy Payslip App
Note: The code will change roughly every 30 seconds, so you will need to enter the code in to the Easy Payslip App prior to it changing in order to successfully link the Authenticator App to the Easy Payslip App
17) Go back to the Easy Payslip website and enter the 6 digit code as shown below
18) When you have successfully input the 6 digit code, the screen will update to show 'All good' with the green tick.
You can then click back on Employees or Payroll to process payslips as required
Now that 2FA is setup, in future when you login to Easy Payslip or submit STP files, you may be asked to enter a 6 digit code. Open the Google authenticator app to retrieve the latest 6 digit code & then enter it into Easy Payslip.