This is an ATO security requirement for Single Touch Payroll (STP). This needs to be setup before you are able to send STP files to the ATO.
Once you are in your account, you will need to setup two factor authentication. Two factor authentication is an ATO requirement for Single Touch Payroll.
You will either need to download an app such as the Google authenticatior on iPhone, android or a web based chrome extension such as this . You can also use the [Get code] option to have a code sent to your email address or mobile phone number registered within your Easy Payslip account.
You only need to set it up on one device (such as your smart phone) & then use the code generated when accessing your Easy Payslip account from any device.
To set up your two-factor authentication for your Easy Payslip account via the authenticator app, please follow the instructions below.
1) Click on the App Store Icon (Apple Devices) or the Play Store Icon (Android Devices) in your mobile device
2) Click on 'Apps' and touch the search field as indicated below
3) In the Search field, type in the authentication app you have decided to use and hit the search button
In this example we are using 'Google Authenticator'
4) You will then see the App is available to download and use, which requires you to click on the 'Install' word
Note: You need to ensure that you are installing the correct Authentication App, which is not always the first App displayed, as the first App may be an advertisement instead of the one you were searching for.
5) Your device will then download the Authentication App
The progress of the download will be displayed on your screen. You need to wait until it has fully downloaded in order to be able to use it.
6) When the App has fully downloaded, you then need to click the 'Open' wording to Open the App in your device
7) You will then need to click the 'Begin' word to start the Authentication App
8) Click on 'Skip' when the Google Authenticator first opens
9) You will then arrive at the 'Add an account' screen. You need to click on the 'Enter a provided key' option
10) You now need to go to the Easy Payslip App
11) In the Easy Payslip App, go to the Settings Screen and then click on 'Two-Factor Authentication'
12) You then need to move the 'Enable Two-Factor Authentication' toggle to the right
13) You then need to click on the [Use authentication app] option
14) This will then bring up the 'Set up 2FA' page. You need to place your finger on the 'key' as shown below and select 'Copy' when it appears on the screen
15) You then need to go back to the Authentication App
16) You then need to hold your finger in the 'Key' section as shown below until the 'Paste' option presents itself on the screen, then click 'Paste'
17) When you have 'Pasted' the 'Key', you then need to click the [Add] button
18) The Authenticator App will then give you a 6 digit code that you need to enter back into the Easy Payslip App
Note: The code will change roughly every 30 seconds, so you will need to enter the code in to the Easy Payslip App prior to it changing in order to successfully link the Authenticator App to the Easy Payslip App
19) Go back to the Easy Payslip App
20) Enter the 6 digit code
21) When you have successfully input the 6 digit code, the screen will update to show 'All good' with the green tick. You can then click back on Employees or Payroll to process payslips as required
Now that 2FA is setup, in the future when you login into your Easy Payslip account or submit STP files, you may be asked to enter a 6 digit code, either open the Google authenticator app, click [Get code] to email or text to retrieve the latest 6 digit code & then enter it into Easy Payslip.