In this section we provide the steps involved in deleting a payslip.
Deleting a payslip will automatically remove it from the 'yet to be lodged' outstanding STP file.
Deleting a payslip from an STP file that has already been lodged will not impact the already submitted STP file. Each STP file sends year to date values for each employee, not individual payslip values. Therefore, if a payslip is deleted and then re entered, the new year to date values will be reflected in subsequent STP files lodged with the ATO.
Payslips need to be deleted in date order from the most recent payslip being deleted first. If you need to delete a payslip that is not the most recent one, then you should delete the most recent payslip first, then the second last payslip next and so on until you get to the payslip in question. Deleted payslips that require amendments or reprocessing should then be re-entered in date order, starting with the earliest payslip.
This allows the database to maintain its integrity and ensure the year to date and accrued entitlement balances remain correct. If you have questions on this, please call us on 02 8084 9222 during business hours.
1) To delete a payslip, you need to select the 'Reports' Screen
2) Then touch 'Payslips' in the header section
3) This will bring up a listing of all Payslips. You will need to scroll up & down to find the relevant payslip (the latest ones are generally nearer the bottom of the list)
4) When you have found the Payslip, click on it
5) The below payslip screen will then appear, where you need to touch the three circles in the top right of the screen
6) This will bring up the following screen, which you need to select 'Delete'
7) A confirmation screen will then appear for you to confirm the deletion of the payslip, which you do by touching the [Yes] button
8) The Payslip has now been deleted and you will then be taken back to the top of the Payslips Report screen