This information is provided for Employers and business owners. The JobKeeper payment is open to eligible employers so they can continue to pay their employees and restart quickly when the crisis is over. Talk to your employer for more information.
This short guide gives a quick explanation of the basics, and contains links to all the further information and step by step guides to JobKeeper:
- What the JobKeeper Payment is
- The key steps to participate in the programme
- Links to further explanation and understanding, and how to process in Easy Payslip
- Links to the relevant treasury and ATO documentation
What is the JobKeeper Payment
The JobKeeper Subsidy payment is a Government programme to effectively reimburse participating employers $1,500 per fortnight per eligible employee.
Normal pay cycles for employees (weekly, fortnightly, monthly) can be maintained, but the government reimbursement will be monthly in arrears.
What are the key steps to participate in the JobKeeper Programme
There are six actions that an employer will be required to do, in order to receive the JobKeeper Subsidy Payment from the Government (in addition to meeting eligibility requirements). These are:
- Enrol in the programme
- Get your Employees to complete the 'JobKeeper Employee Nomination Notice'
- Notify the ATO of included Employee(s)
- Continue paying your Employees the minimum $1,500 per JobKeeper Fortnight along with sending payslips and STP files
- Monthly declaration to the ATO
- Notify the ATO if an Employee(s) will no longer be receiving JobKeeper from you
Where can I get more information?
Easy Payslip has developed a number of guides to help you:
We have also created a separate document for each of the Easy Payslip steps contained above:
Official Treasury Information about JobKeeper can be found by clicking the links below: