Easy payslip provides a simple way to do payslips and single touch payroll on your choice of web or mobile . Its all in the cloud so you can mix and match.
You can understand Easy Payslip in 4 Easy steps:
1. Your Business Information
This is the information about your business, like your ABN, your business address, and your contact details
2. Employee Information:
This is information about each of your employees.
Personal details such as name, and the email address where their payslip will be sent.
Payroll details such as their job title, their employment status, how often they get paid, and how much they get paid. Its important to remember that their hours of work and rates of pay can be changed each time you create their payslips. You can also select which additional payment options will be required on their payslips, such as overtime and allowances.
Entitlements they will receive such as annual leave and personal leave.
Tax information as tax file number
Super information where you can confirm the 9.5% rate of Super and can also enter super fund details
3. Creating Payslips
Enter the pay period dates, the payment date, and select which employees are to be included in the payroll. You’ll then be asked to confirm their hours and pay for each employee. You can change their hours and rate at this stage and also add additional payslip items, like overtime, allowances, deductions, and leave.
Before saving and sending the payslip, you get to preview exactly what it looks like.
4. Sending STP Files
The STP file is automatically created for you from the payslips you’ve just created. From the STP screen you can check the details again, and then send it to the ATO. Or if you notice an error, you can delete the payslips and re-create it. This will automatically update the STP file. Once you’ve sent the file, it will show in the completed section of the STP screen.
This completes the 4 easy steps for Easy Payslip.
To get started, we suggest you do this:
- Start your free trial and work your way through our easy on-boarding process where we will capture basic information about your business and your employees, as mentioned above.
- Need to do back dated STP files, or get Year to date values in Easy Payslip? You can easily do that by following instructions Getting Year To Date (YTD) values in Easy Payslip and STP for New Customers.
- Create your first payslips. Remember to check the details on the preview payslip screen before you save and send. If you find a mistake after you’ve saved the payslip, you an easily run a report to delete the payslips
- Your STP files are automatically created for you when you create payslips, and waiting for you to send them. Go to the STP screen to send the STP files to the ATO.