This is an ATO security requirement for Single Touch Payroll (STP). This needs to be set up before sending STP files to the ATO. Once you are in your account, you will need to set up two-factor authentication.
You will either need to download an app such as the Google Authenticator on iPhone, Android or a web-based chrome extension such as this. You can also use the 'Get Code' option to have a code sent to your email address or mobile phone number registered within your Easy Payslip account.
You only need to set it up on one device & then use the code generated when accessing your Easy Payslip account from any device.
To enable two-factor authentication for your Easy Payslip account, please follow the instructions below:
1) a) In the app, press the menu button '≡' to the top left of the page and press 'My Profile'.
b) On the website, press the organisation name to the top right of the page and press 'My Profile'.
2) Press 'Two-Factor Authentication' & press the toggle to enable Two-Factor Authentication
Note: You will now be on the screen to select from the following three options in the way you wish to receive your 2FA code when requested. Once you make your selection & have entered the 6 digit code, you can now submit any STP files waiting to be lodged.
To disable two-factor authentication for your Easy Payslip account, please follow the instructions below:
1) Press the '≡' menu in the top left of the app & then press 'My Profile'
2) Press 'Two-Factor Authentication' & press the toggle to disable Two-Factor Authentication
3) Enter your password for your Easy Payslip account & press 'Remove 2FA'
Note: Two-Factor Authentication has been disabled from your account & you will now be unable to lodge STP files to the ATO until two-factor authentication has been re-enabled.