The Final Payslip option within the Payroll screen is used to pay out the employee's leave balances if required when they leave the business.
We suggest processing a normal payslip if any regular hours are worked to pay out for the employee. Then you would need to process another payslip to pay out the entitlements for the employee, making sure to select the 'Final Payslip’ option within the 'Payroll' screen under 'Additional Payslip Options'.
Once you have pressed the 'Save & Send' button, the leave balances will be zeroed out.
Make sure you have 'Leave Loading' activated within the employee's profile if you wish for it to be calculated as well.
Note: If you do re-hire the employee, please create a new employee profile as using the current inactive profile will possibly create issues with the leave balances.
To process a Final Payslip:
1) Go to Payroll Home, enter your payroll dates & select the employee for the Final Payslip & then press the '+ Create Payrun' button
2) Scroll down to 'Additional Payslip Options', and press the toggle for 'Final Payslip'
Note: A pop-up window will appear, explaining the Final Payslip process. Press 'Continue'.
3) Press on the 'Annual Leave Paid Out' field & enter the leave hours to be paid out.
This will multiply by the hourly rate set in the employee's profile.
Once you have entered the necessary hours, press 'Save & Send'
Note: This will bring up a confirmation screen where you can view the payslip in PDF format & download the PDF as well. You are now ready to lodge your STP file to the ATO.
4) Press the 'View Summary & STP' button, which will bring up the next screen below to review the figures.
5) Press 'Lodge STP File', which will bring you to the declaration screen to sign your name & then press the 'Lodge Single Touch Payroll' button
Note: Once the STP file has been successfully submitted, a 'clock' icon will display next to the employees' name, which means the STP files are in 'Pending Status'. You can also select the downwards arrow to the employee line's right to view more information on the STP lodgement, like the time & date.