In this section, we describe how to process payroll & STP files.
STP files are generated after creating the payslip via the 'Payroll' function, as shown below:
Things to note before Processing Payroll
- Ensure you have reviewed and saved your Business details as this information needs to be validated by the STP file requirements system.
- Ensure you have reviewed and saved your Employees details as their information needs to be validated by the system for the STP file requirements.
- Ensure you have turned on Two Factor Authentication. This is an ATO requirement for Single Touch Payroll.
1) Press the 'Payroll' icon
2) Enter your payroll dates & select the Employees for the payroll & then press the '+ Create Payrun' button
3) This will take you to the First Employee's Payslip data entry screen:
When you have entered the Payslip details for the first employee (John Smith), press the 'Save & Send' button.
Note: You will also notice that the employees are listed at the top of the screen to track which employees you have saved & sent a payslip for and those yet to be processed.
Note: This will bring up a confirmation screen where you can view the payslip in PDF format & download the PDF as well.
4) Press 'Next', which will bring up the next Employee's Payslip data entry screen:
When you have entered the Payslip details for the next employee (Jason Smith), press the 'Save & Send' button.
Note: You are now ready to lodge your STP file to the ATO.
5) Press the 'View Summary & STP' button, which will bring up the next screen below to review the figures
6) Press 'Lodge STP File', which will bring you to the declaration screen to sign your name & then press the 'Lodge Single Touch Payroll' button
Note: Once the STP file has been successfully submitted, a 'clock' icon will display next to the employees' name, which means the STP files are in 'Pending Status'. You can also select the downwards arrow to the employee line's right to view more information on the STP lodgement, like the time & date.